Thursday, June 12, 2014

What's Missing?

Grace Peace and Mercy to all of you from God our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

Tonight I got the amazing opportunity to sit down with fellow members of my church and we got to enjoy a nice dinner and a short Bible Study together. It gave me the opportunity to be able to dig deeper into Scripture to see what it is that is missing in my life. I have been going through many different things lately and it has gotten to the point where it is so overwhelming that I have no idea where to turn or who to turn too. I am struggling with a relationship, to a person that I love dearly afraid to the point where if I lose her, all is lost for me. For those who don't know I am pursuing a law enforcement career and i am in the middle of my cop training. 

To be a cop in MN I have to pass a physical that I failed now twice. It hit really hard the second time and I started to question if I was following Gods path at all. With two big things happening it was not any surprise that after battling strep throat for 7 weeks on three different occasions and being told that I need a job in a month in order to stay living where I am now, it is no surprise why things have start to go down hill. But tonight I slowly started seeing that sun on the horizon. 


In the study tonight we looked at Romans Chapter 12.

Therefore I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices holy and pleasing to God, this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your MIND. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will. 

My friends is what I was hoping to hear. Tonight, I learned that God has a plan for me. He also has one for each and every one of you. I was hoping tonight of getting this question answered. 
Am I following God's will? I didn't get the answer that I was looking for, or an answer period for that matter. But I did receive the satisfaction that at this point in my life, i am following His will. 

You might be asking yourself how am I doing this? Well I am not doing anything but trying to live a life that is pleasing to The Lord. I need to do this more often, I need to be more into His word, I need to spend more time getting to know Him. 

Wow, getting to know The Lord, that is something that I never really put into context until tonight. Getting to know my creator and my Lord by simply sitting down and reading what He gave me to live this life in satisfaction of being his child. I have never thought about it. I was truly blown away by it, but at the same time, I understood. 

My friends you need to do this to. Go, search out The Lord, and let Him worry about tomorrow. All we can do is pray to wake up each morning and spend that day glorifying Him. 

So what is missing? Nothing is missing... It's all right here, waiting for me to read it. 

And now may the peace of God which surpasses all understanding keep your hearts and minds forever in Christ Jesus, unto life everlasting. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment