Thursday, April 19, 2012

Play in Review: Erronious and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Its hard to believe that just over a couple of weeks ago the Grand Rapids Players finished performing their version of the great Roman Musical Comedy A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum. Being a member of these fine group of actors and actresses proved to be one of the greatest 3 months of hard work and dedication to make this show a reality. I had the pleasure of playing the character Erronious, who is a befuddled old man who is searching the whole time of the show for his children who were stolen in infancy by pirates. During this time there is a slave Pseudolus who is trying to get his freedom from his master Hero, who is in love with a girl who has been sold to the great Captain Miles Glorious. And of course the girl who was sold does not want to go with the captain and so the young master and the slave spend the whole show trying to hide her from him and of course it has many issues that arise and it becomes really funny and then of course when Erronious comes home in the middle of all of this it creates this interesting twist to the show. I had a great time and I am really sad that this play is over. There were so many things that I loved about this show that if I would talk about them all I wouldn't have enough room to fit it all in. And to make things even better I have nothing that I did not like at all for everything was a blast. One cool thing that happened to me during this show was the fact that I connected really well to my character that I played. Just trying to find motivation to find what he wanted in his life and that no matter how old you, you can make your life amazing and never let anything stand in your way, and it is because of this character that I am now working on my dream of becoming a police officer and its because of Erronious's amazing motivation and positive attitude that I am going for my dream. So I thank Erronious and I respect him more than ever, which is why I will always remember that great old Roman man Erronious. Until next time my dear friends, I am off to the Hills!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment