Thursday, January 19, 2012

Funny Things at Deer Camp

Who here is a deer hunter??? Being a young adult who has lived in the Northern Minnesota Area all I my life it is no surprise for me to be a huge deer hunting fan. On Jan. 6th there was a show called Deer Camp the Musical which was performed at the Reif Center. This show was about 4 guys who have gone deer hunting the last 20 years or so and they have let to shoot a deer. But there version of deer hunting is a little different than you and I might think. It turns out that their version includes sleeping, drinking beer, sleeping some more and OH did I mention drinking beer. So that is all they know and their wives have no idea what they really do. But this year these guys have a mission to complete. Their wives threatened them this year for if they do not shoot a deer, no more trips to the deer shack which you know what that means, NO MORE DRINKING BEER. OH NO!! We cannot have that now can we? So through out the whole show these guys try their best to fool their wives by not going out to the stand to shoot a deer. Using their musical abilities they do their best to figure out a way and of course at the end they end up getting a deer, only because it runs through the wall of their shack and they pelt it with beer cans till it dies! Weird huh???
On this night, the show had more meaning for me.  Being a college student in Grand Rapids, my parents like to come up for a weekend.  On their way to this show, you will never guess what happened. They hit a deer with my dad’s brand new Chevy Colorado pickup truck, now if that is not a sign that they should have stayed home, then I have no idea. But it got even funnier later. As we entered the Reif, I glanced up I saw one of the underwriters for the show. It was Dale’s Auto Body Repair Collision Shop, with his phone number listed. Is that funny or what??? My dad could of called him and had him fix his truck for hitting a deer on the way to see Deer Camp the Musical. Well I thought it was really funny but my parents did not feel the same way. So remember to shoot those deer in the woods not hit them with vehicles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment